Saturday, June 12, 2010

How Things Look In June





































Well, almost at Mid Summer now and things are taking shape in the Garden. All Summer plants are now in and some are coming into bloom right now. The Greenhouse is looking very promising too, with the Tomatos , Cucumbers, Melons & Peppers in there. Regular feeding will help them along . Outside I have the Vegetable patch which has Peas , Carrots, Beetroot, Garlic and Parsnips. Also my Strawberry bed (Photo above) with straw around the plants, to encourage the sun to ripen the fruits. My Raspberry Canes (Photo above) are showing signs of Fruit appearing too and i've netted it over to stop Birds beating me to the Raspberries!
At the rear of the Greenhouse, are the Runner Beans which are climbing gradually up the canes.
So all in all, things are looking good and should be a productive Summer .
I have also begun doing an Allotment this year, which is close by and soon I'll be taking a few photos to show here, how it is progressing. I've completed the digging and planting there and so now its a case of watering & Weeding it! . But so far that also is coming on well.

1 comment:

Flowergirl said...

I just cant get over how amazingly tidy everything is Tim! I do my best but with a roaming hoohen and peacocks, not to mention a big dog and two cats tramping through my garden beds, I can never aspire to be as good as this, Ann x