Monday, August 03, 2009

JUNE 2009
















In June my garden was looking good, with my Vegetables & Fruit looking very healthy and the gooseberry bushes were loaded too. The Broad Beans (above) next to the greenhouse are tall and seem to be suited there. This year I also did some Peas, Carrots & Beetroot (Above) which will be ready in July onwards. So quite a mixed planting this year, with not just Flowers on my rear garden. I'm trying to have more Fruit on my garden I guess.
In the Autumn I Intend planting either a Cherry tree or a Plum tree....or both!
I will try to find a suitable area to put them. I have tidied up my Compost area, by buying two compost bins, from the Council's recycling dept. So gone is my large compost heap....to be replaced by Two large black composting bins. These should allow the waste to decompose more rapidly. Being warmer in the bins with a lid on them. Now that I also have my Hens, I will get nice manure from these. The Hens continue to lay well and are a nice addition to my Garden.

No comments: