Monday, June 08, 2015

Allotment Photos - June 2015

With my Cultivator


View of two allotments


Sweet Potato Slips

Beans to plant out

Strawberry Bed number 3

Inside large polytunnel

Kale under fine netting

Potato Crop

In my Greenhouse at home

It's all systems go on the allotment plots now and everything is growing nicely too.
This year we are trying some Sweet Potatoes, which are not easy to grow in the UK, so I just wanted to give them a go!. So I have set those in a raised bed of compost and just hoping the climate suits these. Was not really possible to grow them in the polytunnel, so outside was the only option. They arrive as "Slips" in a plastic packaging from the nursery. As you can see above I use my Cultivator machine to turn over the soil on our plots, which makes life much easier. Though I still need to dig manually in places. But anything mechanical does help on such a large area of land. Weatherwise here it is still pretty chilly in the early mornings, which does not help too much regards certain plants like the Pumpkins and outdoor Tomatos. But hopefully it will improve soon.


No comments: