Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 Gardening Season......soon!

Well another gardening season is well on the way now here in a chilly UK.
I have just had a few of my first seed packets for the new season arrive here and already I am excited about sowing them, though looking outside today It might be a month or so yet!
I start in my Greenhouse usually in February, with some Onions.   Then onto bedding plant seeds and gradually more & more vegetable seeds.
So far I have the following seeds arrived...

Beetroot (Cylindra and Detroit 6 and Boltardy)
Florence Fennel
Kale
Swede
Borlotto Beans
Spinach (Perpetual)
Swiss Chard
Shallots
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Peas (Alderman and Onward)
Celariac
Chicory
Leeks
Runner Beans
Tomato's (Various Varieties)
Pumpkins and Squashes
Gourds
Chillies
Peppers
Sweet Peas
Potatos (Charlotte - Pentland Javelin- Lady Christle)
Onion Sets (Santero - Hytec)

Already on the Allotment plots are Strawberries & Raspberries.

I now have three plots so filling them should not be too hard.
Including two polytunnels, which are so very useful in the UK climate.
Last year I just had one, but I have now inherited another, as our retiring secretary has allowed me to use his and I have taken on his plot now too!.
As soon as weather allows I will be rotovating the plots and spreading our animal manure on them. Its a mixture of the Ducks, Hens and Rabbits.....and it look great!
Hopefully we'll see the benefits of it later this year.

No comments: