Sunday, July 21, 2013

GARDEN TRELLIS & ARCHWAY FEATURE




This is my most recent garden feature project that I constructed for one of my gardening client/ friends.
The idea was to split up the rear garden into two, which I think was achieved with this trellis & archway.
I made the the trellis & arch by hand, as buying the correct sizes from a builders merchant would not have been possible and offcuts would waste too much wood.  Besides, I think making your own is much stronger than buying trellis put together with a nail gun, as is often the case with ready made trellis work.
I also dug a couple of flower borders for roses & clematis to climb up the trellis.
Compost was added to the soil as it was quite a heavy clay type and needed breaking up a bit.
As the plants get more established the trellis will not be noticed so much and will create a sort of hidden garden effect.


No comments: