Tuesday, April 24, 2007

2007 New Season on my Garden




Welcome to another Gardening season on my garden! Already been very busy on it and I've created a new feature on my back garden, which is a Circular Patio area, which replaced a lawned area, that had got very tired looking, with an overgrown bush on the fencing, that was killing off the existing lawn anyway, with it's roots.


So I decided to get rid of that and make something less labour Intensive.


The New Patio is 3meters In diameter and allows you to add containers to make it look more attractive. I've gone for a "Lavender" coloured theme with it too.


Lavender coloured pots, with lavender plants around the edge of the boardings.


So it should look attractive In summertime. When the other plants are all in bloom too.


On the soil I've added Chipped Bark, which you buy in large bags. This conserves water in the soil, acting as a "Mulch". Important as our climate gets warmer , with less rain around.


Also the added bonus of less weeding to do!....as it stops so much light getting to them.


No comments: